Student Guidelines – Zoom
1. Download the app on to your phone, tablet, laptop or PC. If you already have the app make sure it has been updated as there are regular updates to increase security.
2. Before you begin attending lessons through Zoom check your settings are correct.
- If you don’t wish to be seen then select ‘Always turn off my video’
- Ensure you select ‘Show name when participants join’. If teachers can’t identify who you are they won’t let you in to the meeting.
- Select ‘Meeting reminder’ so you are prompted to join the meeting.
- Ensure you allow notifications from Zoom
3. When the app is open click on ‘Join’. You will then be prompted to enter the meeting ID and
password that you would have received through ClassCharts.
4. When you enter the meeting you will be placed in a waiting room and will be ‘let in’ by your teacher.
5. If you don’t wish your background to be seen, but would like your image on screen, you can select a virtual background by clicking on the 3 dots or ‘More’ at the top right of the screen.
6. Your teacher can mute and unmute you at any point during the meeting; you can also do this yourselves by clicking on the audio icon at the top of the screen.
7. When the meeting is over, ensure you leave the meeting by clicking on ‘Leave meeting’.