Hetton School has an extensive careers programme which can be viewed here.
Students in Year 11 will be supported this year through their transition from Hetton School to Further Education, apprenticeships or jobs. Examples of the opportunities offered this year are:
- Completion of practice applications and mock interviews in Year 10.
- College visits have taken place and some have had the opportunity to visit universities.
- ESH Construction group, along with Tutors, have also supported students in Careers preparation throughout Year 10.
- Work Experience Week
- Students can also research their career path at home and I would recommend the following websites:
- UCAS Buzz Quiz – Find out what you’re like and what you could do
- www.parentalguidance.org.uk/ – The aim of this site is to provide helpful information to parents and carers, many of whom feel at a loss about the best way to advise the young people in their care.
- BBC Bitesize – Career options class clips
- Tomorrows’s Engineers – The Tomorrow’s Engineers programme, led by the engineering community, provides a platform for employers to work effectively with schools to inspire more young people to consider a careers in engineering.
- Sort Your Future – Sort is an online careers and recruitment platform with a difference
If you have any queries please contact the school and speak to Mrs. J. Chalk on (0191) 562 33 22 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
LMI for All is an online data portal, which connects and standardises existing sources of high quality, reliable labour market information (LMI) with the aim of informing careers decisions.