Good punctuality at school is essential for students to achieve their full educational potential. It is also vital for students to form good habits for later life. Punctuality records form part of references passed onto employers or higher educational institutes.
All students are expected to arrive punctually for school in the morning and to arrive punctually for each lesson. A register is taken at the start of the day and during each lesson. Students arriving late are recorded as thus on the register, along with how many minutes late they are.
The School’s Support For Good Punctuality
We place a strong emphasis on good punctuality; we support this by:-
• Giving sanctions to students who arrive late to school or lessons.
• Informing parents, by automated call, if their child arrives late for school.
• Awarding WOW points to students who have arrived punctually over a period of time.
• Senior staff patrolling the gate first thing in the morning to encourage students not to loiter and make themselves late.
• Sending attendance records home to parents each term so that parents can monitor any lateness.
• Addressing issues of poor time keeping with individual students and their parents.